What Is Long Term Social Visit Pass In Singapore?
The long term social visit pass is an opportunity for those holding any working visa to bring their informal spouse, disabled/stepchildren, or parents to Singapore. Family members who are not eligible for the Dependent’s pass can apply for this application. They can stay in Singapore with their supporter until the validity of the work visa. The monthly income of the person who is working in Singapore must be more than 5,000 SGD to meet the eligibility of Long Term Social Visit Pass for their relatives. If they plan to bring their parents, then the minimum salary of the worker should be 10,000 SGD. To find out more about Singapore Long Term Social Visit Pass, read below
Requirements for Singapore Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)
- The holder of the working Visa must be hired by a well-known and reputable organization in order to invite their relatives through a Long term Social Visit Pass.
- The monthly income of the work visa holder in Singapore must be more than 5,000 SGD to apply for a Long Term Social Visit Pass for their relatives.
- If they plan to bring their parents, the minimum salary of the worker should be 10,000 SGD.
- The pass is eligible for only informal spouses, parents, and step or handicapped children. The children must be below 21 years.
Advantages and Features of Singapore Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTVP)
- Long Term Social Visit Pass has validity for two years. It can also be extended if the worker is still working in Singapore.
- If the working visit gets expired or canceled, then this would lead to an automatic cancelation of the Long Term Social Visit Pass.
- The working visa holder or a professional visa agency can apply for the Long Term Social Visit Pass.
- The expenses of older parents are more due to which the minimum income of the visa holder calling their parents should be 10,000 SGD, while for the younger relatives, the holder must earn 5,000 SGD.
- Those relatives who are eligible for the dependent pass cannot apply for a Long Term Social Visit Pass.
There are many cases when a Long Term Social Visit Pass gets rejected due to the low salaries or bad reputation of a company. The working visa holder must earn 5,000 SGD to invite his informal souse or stepchildren. While for parents, they must make 10,000 SGD. The salary criteria are pretty high due to which many people are unable to qualify for this pass. Even if the hiring company is not reputable or young, the government quickly gets a chance to reject the visa. Whatever the reason is, you can always resubmit better documents against the rejection. The employer or visa agency would have a time of 3 months to appeal. Re-submitting the same documents would not help to make the case successful. The reason for rejection would always be mentioned in the letter by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). If you are unsure how to appeal for the case, you can always take help from a professional visa agency like us. We will help you prepare better papers and submit them to get better chances of approval. It is advisable to get the documents prepared by a visa agency as we know better how to get the visa approved. Our skills can help you get into Singapore without any difficulties and efforts.
The application can only be submitted by the sponsoring company of the working visa holder or a different visa consultant agency. They can apply for the pass online or manually as well. If the person holds an S-Pass, then they cannot apply manually, he would have to go through an online process. If the application is lodged through EP online, then it will be a quicker process. The results would be processed in 7 days; however, manually, it may take five weeks. The employer or agency must submit an individual application for every member. Whether you want to apply at the start of the working period or later, it is your choice. After the approval of Singapore Long Term Social Visit Pass, the applicant must visit the country within six months to complete the remaining process.
The documents submitted by the company must be flawless and very professional. They must be in English; if not, they would have to get them translated through a professional. If the employer is unsure about the eligibility or process, they can contact us to seek better help. Our expert consultants would help you understand the process step by step.
With such a high salary requirement, it has become difficult for individuals to call their relatives to Singapore. If the employer wants to avoid any risks, then they should take help from a professional visa agency. They will guide you accurately on how to apply and do the paperwork. If you are not sure about the process, then it may be a waste of effort and money in lodging for an application. As time is passing by the requirements of MOM are also changing and advancing. Many criteria are not disclosed, and only visa agencies know how to tackle them properly. It’s better to take help from skilled consultants rather than wasting your energy and time.
A visa agency like us knows how to make a presentable application with proper documents. If you are still confused, then you can always get in touch with us. We can also provide you with a free assessment of your papers and case.
There are two different ways to get the Long Term Social Visit Pass extended:
1. Through EP online, an application can be submitted. 6 months before the expiry of the pass, the option will be available. Within seven working days, the results will be disclosed.
2. Manually the employer can prepare and submit the renewal application. The application must be received by the MOM 14 days before the expiry time. This may take five weeks to get a result.
The extensions of the visa highly depend on the working visa holder and the hiring company. It is not guaranteed that the application would get approved. In case the company’s economic status is falling or there are any other problems, then the MOM will instantly reject the renewal application. In such a case, you can always reach out to us as we are a professional visa consultancy service provider.